Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Office Assistant Role Description
We are known for providing the highest quality care for our patients and our team of highly-skilled physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and personal trainers who are honored and delighted to help patients reach their goals. APPLY
The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) shall be responsible for the clinical administrative functions of patient triage on intake, scheduling, communication with referral department, and clinic-based activities required to ensure accurate billing and claims processes and ensure they are accomplished consistent with Therapy Partners Group policy and procedures, and HIPAA requirements.
The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) is also responsible for assisting licensed clinical staff in assisting patients, maintaining the overall cleanliness of the clinic, and ensuring office equipment is in working order. Strong customer service and computer skills are necessary for this role. The individual must communicate in a friendly and professional manner with patients, clients, and employees. The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) will perform other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES
Greets warmly and maintains a friendly, welcoming relationship with all patients and clients, including among others, physicians and physician office staff
Clearly communicates with all staff, including clinical and corporate employees, in a friendly and courteous manner
Responsible for answering phones and greeting patients with the utmost professionalism and care
Schedules new patients and collect all necessary information in order to verify insurance with the carrier
Accurately and completely enters patient information and demographics into computer system
Submits patient insurance information in a timely fashion to ensure benefits are verified before the patient’s initial evaluation
Provides patients with an explanation of their benefits and thoroughly answers all questions
Calls and confirms new patient appointments
Collects co-pays/deductibles and payments prior to the patient being seen by provider per established policies and procedures. Inform patient of any outstanding balance and issues receipt when monies are collected
Works closely with Billing Department, Physical Therapists, and Aide staff to assure smooth patient flow
Follow up on “no show” patients on a daily basis
Treatment authorization and/or continued treatment Rx follow up
Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
Maintains schedule targets by reporting percentages of arrivals, cancelations, and rescheduled appointments to the Regional Administration Manager
Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies and communicating to person in charge or ordering
Participates in and adheres to, as required, the HIPAA Policies and Procedures of Therapy Partners Group.
Therapy Aide/Technician Position Description
Under direct supervision of a licensed Therapist, the Physical Therapy Technician shall be responsible for supporting and maintaining a smooth flow of activity on the clinic floor, to include overall cleanliness of the clinic, that clinic equipment is in working order, and ensuring operations are in compliance with Golden Bear Therapy Partners policy and procedures, and HIPAA regulations. Apply Now
The Physical Therapy Technician will work in a team environment and have the ability to complete daily tasks as assigned. The position requires strong customer skills with an ability to maintain friendly and professional relationships with patients and employees as well as completing all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES
• Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel (shorts, gowns, etc.)
• Does laundry, maintaining an ample supply of clean linens.
• Under direct supervision of and with co-signature by, records daily notes.
• Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests.
• Helps treat patients by applying ice or heat packs, helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques as requested by PT.
• Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
• Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
• Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies and communicating to person in charge or ordering.
• Enhances physical therapy department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments, is a team player.
• Collects garbage at the end of each working day.
• Reports any issues needing resolution to Physical Therapists.
Therapist Position Description
Here is your opportunity to showcase the full extent of your experience, skills, ambition, and innovation on a daily basis. We are looking for a compassionate, forward-thinking Physical Therapist who excels at assessing patients' strengths, weaknesses and devising creative but effective treatment plans. APPLY HERE
We operate a high-energy, positive-thinking environment that places an emphasis on providing prompt access to care for the communities we serve. If you love motivating people and helping ease their pain, we are interested in talking with you.
What Makes Our Team Different:
Being a part of our family means being part of something special: We are a team that is driven to make a positive impact on our profession and the communities we live in and serve by making a commitment to excellent patient outcomes, lifelong learning and developing a lasting relationship.
We believe a world-class patient experience is facilitated by an exceptional employee experience. Our culture of empathy, teamwork, and betterment is rooted in the care we provide to our patients and expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing tremendous resources to deliver exceptional care.
At our clinic and throughout the Golden Bear Therapy Partners family of brands, you’ll find something uniquely different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring, and gratifying.
• Devise detailed treatment and care plans for each patient.
• Communicate and coordinate with patient's physicians to ensure a consistent level of care.
• Daily documentation in EMR.
• Exercise independent judgment based on experience to implement effective treatment combinations.
• Evaluate and report on patients' progress.
• Assist administrative staff with billing and reporting inquires.
• Comply with federal and state physical therapy regulations.
Some of the key benefits to working in our facility include:
• We focus on outpatient orthopedics with a strong emphasis on manual therapy, exercise, and education. We use modalities as needed and have large gyms with modern equipment.
• Our patient population is very diverse, seeing patients post-operative, shoulder and, knee, as well as spinal and non-surgical injuries.
• We offer hour evaluations and generous treatment times, allowing our providers to spend more of a hands-on approach with each patient.
• Our clinics accept most PPO plans, Medicare and WC.
This Full-Time Position Includes:
1. An EXCELLENT STARTING SALARY (depending on years of pediatric experience, special skills, scheduling availability, and second languages – we highly value a therapist’s experience and special skills, and we compensate our therapists accordingly)
2. Company-sponsored Company paid CEU's for CA Annual License Renewal
3. Employee 401(k) Retirement Plan w/Company Match
4. Paid Vacation/Personal Time
5. Group Health Insurance
6. Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
7. Paid Holidays
Helping our employees develop their skills and grow their careers is critical to how we retain our talent and grow our company. We provide our teammates a variety of leadership-supported programs and learning and development resources for every stage of their professional development. We know that our employees are our most valuable resource they are how we grow our business and care for our community.